Translate

tirsdag den 13. august 2013

10 days to go!!

As the title says, I now have 10 days untill I leave Denmark and go to Salida. I am leaving on the 22nd of August at 9:55pm from Kastrup airport. Then I change planes in Paris and again in Atlanta. My final destination is Colorado Springs. I will arrive in Colorado around 7:40pm.  My hostfamily and I may get a hotelroom in Colorado Springs, and then go shopping for school supplies the next day. Since I have to be at the airport in Copenhagen two hours before take off, I will travel to Copenhagen the day before. On the 20th I will spend some time with my grandparents and say proper goodbye to them.

It's been a while since I last posted on here, mainly because I have been busy enjoying my last time here in Denmark and spending time with my family. But since last time I got my final vaccination and got checked for tuberculosis which, surprise surprise, I don't have ;D I also went to the American embassy and got my visa. I didn't take nearly as long as I was told it might, we were done within half an hour, but it was a bit scary with all the security. I went there with a group of other My Education students and it was nice to have someone to chat to, who are also going through this period of endless waiting. I got my visa about a week after I visited the embassy.

I've also held a birthday/goodbye party for my family (even though my birthday isn't untill the 18th, but I didn't know whether or not I would be home when we planned it) and it was a really nice day. It was good to see everyone and to say goodbye in a proper way. I got some much needed money (when is money not needed  ;D) and a new camera, which I am really excited about. It is a really good one too, so I can upload lots of good pictures on here  ;D

 It's kinda surreal that I am leaving in just 10 days. I'm starting to get a bit nervous, mostly about the trip over there, because I am scared that I will miss a plane or something like that. The realization that I am actually going to do this is also starting to hit me. I've noticed that I get more emotional about things than I normally would, but I guess nerves are pretty normal when you are about to leave everything you know for something completely new and unknown. I am still, however, very excited to see what the next 10 months will bring. I have just started packing my suitcase, and it is a lot harder than I thought it would be to pack everything on only 23 kg.

Untill next time, which will most likely be on the 21st. or 22nd.
Malene xoxo

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar